Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why Yesterday ?? Reminder to self ....

Yesterday was not a good day .. rushed out of the house in the morning because I tried to get just one extra task done and it left me out of time.
Out of time to do my hair ~
Out of time to do my make-up ~
Out of time to take that one last glance in the mirror ~
Out of time meant "out of sync"

Despite this rough start to the day, I decided to stop off at the library on my way home from work to pick-up some items on HOLD. Quick in ... Quick out. I never see anyone I know at the library.

Quickly returned a few items, picked up a few items and went straight to the check-out. Huh Oh !! Do a double-take just in case.

"Oh Hi - it is you."
"Hi Andrea - I did not even recognize you."
"Bye"
"Bye"

Off to the check-out ... "Damn Damn Damn Damn ~ I only see her once or twice a year. Now for the next 6 to 12 months she'll have this 'vision' of how bad I look."

Reminder to self ... NEVER EVER assume you won't run into someone you know."

Ugh! The vision of me that will linger in her mind for months to come .....

No comments:

Post a Comment