Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh No... It Cain't Be !!

Anyone over the age of 50 .. female or male .. knows what these are ...

SPONGE ROLLERS ! ! !



Actually - they used to be called "pink sponge rollers" until someone came up with the novel idea of making them in 'assorted colors.' Oh My ... I am digressing !

Last week - my set of 24 electric rollers "died." Stopped working. No notice. Just one day - would not heat up. In disbelief, I tried plugging them in for 3 days in a row. No heat. GONE. I guess that is understandable being they were over 20 years old. R.I.P. ~~~~~~ I threw them into the trash can on Tuesday.

I pulled out my 'back-up' travel set. Eight (8) "quick heating rollers in a handy travel case." They did the trick and made my hair wavy. Good, but not as good as my deluxe 24 roller set.

Two days later - the travel set died. What the Heck ??? {And for the skeptics out there ... I tried different outlets in different rooms of my house) Again I plugged them in for three days in a row. No heat. This set was ONLY 15 years old, but the traveling they endured must have done them in early.

Now what ?? Being a short week at work due to Memorial Day, I decided not to fret and wore my hair pulled back and secured by a giant claw clip. Not the most fashionable statement .. but it worked.

After much thought .. (and very limited funds) ... I decided to save $$$ and save electricity ... then opted to buy "sponge rollers." They were about $20 cheaper than electric rollers ... AND .. they do not use electricity. Hence - once paid for .. THEY ARE PAID FOR.

I just washed my hair .. and before going to bed .. I will roll my hair in the sponge rollers.

Updates and results to be posted tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment