Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Truth About Denial

After my recent adventure of coloring my hair with henna, I felt liberated in having survived the arduous task and ridding my body of yet another source of chemical exposure.  It felt invigorating !  But it didn't last long - because deep inside was a nagging, r-e-a-l-l-y nagging voice forcing me to face another demon .... wine, red wine.

It is no secret to those who know me that I love my red wine - every night.  Even if I get home late in the evening, after 9P, 10P, or even 11P - there is always time for a glass or two of wine before I turn in.  

Hopefully, no more.

Wine is alcohol and it is sulfates and it is grapes laced with pesticides (because the organic wine is too expensive).  These characteristics go against the very core of what I attempt to eliminate from my lifestyle ... TOXINS.


Denial.  Living with denial .... Guilty!   My physician said "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it.  Your health is great."  To which I quickly inquired, "Does that include drinking wine?"  The elated feeling of receiving an affirmative answer 'justified' wine was OK, and allowed the denial to continue.  In 2012, following the scare of a tick bite, a precautionary trip to a cardiologist ended with a resounding, " Your case file is closed.  There is nothing wrong with you or your heart."  This great news once again provided a 'free pass' to ignore the facts and justify drinking my daily dose of healthy red wine.


The magnificent cleansing feeling of the henna experience was tainted by that nagging voice inside.  The voice was getting louder and louder and louder.  "You are still knowingly filling your body with toxins, DAILY.  Stop the red wine habit."  Truth.

The truth:  
I know about the composition of red wine.
I know of the toxicity of too much red wine on the body.
I know I have 'knowingly' been denying the facts - the truth.

This morning I dumped all my red wine down the drain of the kitchen sink, followed by a shopping trip to buy a case of San Pellegrino (in glass bottles, of course) and a box of outrageously expensive Numi Chocolate Pu-reh tea ($9.00+ for 16 tea bags).

Can I make a "clean break" from red wine?  Think positive. Think non-toxic. Think about the truth ... of denial.











No comments:

Post a Comment