Thursday, January 27, 2011

Look, Don't Buy ! ! But ....

While visiting Virginia this past month .. although "visiting" is not the most appropriate choice of word .... I stopped by a few of my favorite fabric stores ... and was in heaven.

Despite the fact that every bone in my body was aching to take home some textile treasures ... I couldn't. Money was tight and there were needs much more pressing than satiating my craving for FABRIC.

As I walked the aisles ... a sales lady whom I had known from my years in VA, suggested I buy a stash of fabric and "ship it home" so as not to have to pack it in my suitcase.

I smiled .. and secretly wished that was an option. But it wasn't.

Then I remembered my camera tucked in my pocketbook. I walked around and found the fabric selections that I most wanted to take home with me. So I did the next best thing .... I snapped a few photos and they made the trip back to NY with me.

Not my #1 desire ... but the photos bring a smile to my face whenever I see them. And that is not a bad alternative ~~~







No comments:

Post a Comment