Friday, January 21, 2011

Withdrawing from Keyboard Addiction




I love my laptop and waited a long time to get it after my first laptop died. My laptop has created an addiction to "staying in touch" with the world and "information overload." But the laptop was my lifeline to the world while sitting in the hospital caring for Josh.

Yesterday I made a painful decision. I am leaving my laptop in Virginia for Josh to use while he recuperates from his back surgery. It will help him pass the time as he looks for a new place to live (his landlord is going to build new condos on the land where Josh's rental house now sits); he can watch movies on Netflix; he can send his dear mother daily emails about his progress (doubt that will happen).

As hard as it is to leave my laptop behind .... it would be harder to leave knowing my son has too much idle time on his hands during his long recovery.

Farewell my friend ... I will miss you ... but I am entrusting you to take care of my son for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment