Saturday, April 2, 2011

1 - 2 - 3 RED LIGHT !!


Remember the game: 1-2-3 RED LIGHT ? A row of children advancing while given the green light, then being abruptly halted when someone yells, "Red light!" If anyone fails to stop, they are out or must return to the starting line

Several visits to Virginia Beach in recent months has brought back many memories ... one being that I felt like I was once again in a "Big Brother" state. Always being watched, always being monitored.

This was especially true about the "red light runner" cameras. When a motorist runs a red light .. the camera snaps a photo of the license plate .. and a traffic ticket is mailed to the owner of the vehicle.

OK OK .. I have been known to push the envelope and save my brakes by failing to slow down for a stale green light... as it turns yellow ... and race thru the light hoping to "cross the finish line" befores it turns red. Whoo ... yep ... that was a confession !!

While in VA .. my dear beloved friend, Roger, let me borrow his truck to save me the expense of paying for a rental car. THANKS ROGER ... but... after returning to NY, I started having nightmares of Roger - walking to the mailbox - and finding a bill; a fine; a ticket .. for his truck running a red light.

I recently called Roger and casually asked him if he had received any correspondence from the Virginia Beach police asking for money. He said "Nope" .. not yet.

YES YES YES YES YES ... damn I'm good ! I thought sure I had been nailed at the intersection of Independence where Haygood turns into Wishart.

I made 'the cut' this time ... but I still felt very violated that 'big brother' was watching me ... waiting for me to screw up ... waiting to nail me. My life in quiet upstate NY has been devoid of such personal violations ..

Thanks NY

Sunday - April 3rd Note: -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> ->
Keep reading ... below the photo ...




UPDATE: DAMN DAMN DAMN !! About an hour after I posted this entry ... my dear friend Roger posted on FaceBook that he had received a $75 citation from the Va Beach Police for a January violation at the intersection of Independence Blvd. KARMA bit me in the a$$ ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment