Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ummmm ..... Did he have to say that ?

Yesterday, while on my way out to the car to take Spike for a walk, I saw movement in the street. There ... in the middle of the road ... were a couple of tiny birds, less than two inches in size, slowly hobbling across the street. I approached - they got startled - and it immediately became apparent they were too young to fly. With a car heading in our direction - I shooed them across to safety. Once in the grass and in the shade - their tiny bodies breathed a sigh of relief - glad to be off the hot blacktop. My dear sweet kind neighbor looked at me curiously, so I told him about the tiny birds I had just rescued from the road. In his soft gentle drawl he said "Oh really - Tom's cat will probably be having them for lunch."

UGH !! Mother Nature presents lots of challenges to wildlife babies ... Good Luck little guys !!




No comments:

Post a Comment