Tuesday, October 13, 2015

P-U-S-H ... Push ... 'No'

It is happening again.  Is it cyclical or some other mystery of the mind?  I get tired.  I get angry.  I intentionally push and push.  The relief comes when the separation occurs and I am freed from the acts that lead to negativity.

This is a pattern.  Too many incidents to count.  But each time there is relief and freedom and no regret.

At some point I get exhausted from 
The draining of my talents.  
The draining of my "favors." 
The draining of my time.
The draining of my energy.

I push against the drain, push to stop the seepage of my equilibrium.  

No I cannot teach you to sew, to use Excel, to make invitations, to .....  
No I will not call in a favor because you have not expended the energy to build your own work relationships.
No. No. No.


I have just enough energy to push you away.  I can.  So I will.  And I just did.

But wait - instead I will learn to say 'no' and I will NO longer be drained.  NO longer be angry.

Thank you for helping me find an alternative solution.

I feel better, as it should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment