Tuesday, October 13, 2009

$cent$; $en$e & Cent$


A friend handed me a shopping bag and said "Here are some candles I received for a gift. Do you want them ? They are a nice. Expensive."

I peeked in the bag at the long narrow non-descript box and curiously opened it. The candles,visually small and plain, assaulted my senses with powerful fragrance. WOW

"Thanks" I was touched ..

First chance I had - I logged on to my computer and looked up "these candles" ... after all ... exactly HOW expensive could the little things be.

*NOW before you women out there chastise me .... admit it ... you would be doing the same thing !*

Search: Jo Malone candles
Results: JoMalone.com

Yep there on the computer screen ~ the candles identical to the ones sitting on my desk. Ok - one more click of the mouse ... OH MY GOODNESS !! The tiny candles cost WHAT?!

Suddenly the little candles take on a whole new "light."

Fragrant candles: to scent the home. I could never afford to buy these candles ... so I will save & savor them. I won't burn them - I'll keep and admire them.

Does it make SENSE to not use the candles to SCENT my home just because of the cost ?

No comments:

Post a Comment