Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mixed Emotions


For months and months, we (me) have awaited word that my son would have surgery to restore his ability to walk. The day has come. But my emotions are not elated by the news. The news has come with some grim forecasts .... predominately .... an 8 month recovery.

WHAT ??? A few months ago, surgery would have been laproscopic and recovery - complete and total in minimal time. But now, after many months of waiting for insurance company beaurocracy and red tape ... approval has come. But at a very dear cost. The cost is time. The cost is pain. The cost is % of recovery.

May his path be paved with the out pouring of love and caring from family and friends. May the hands of his caregivers be swift and sure. May 2011 bring a better life in years to come.

I love you Josh ... and I curse the distance between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment