Wednesday, August 5, 2015

40 Years Later

A couple of weeks ago,  on a whim,  I sent a short letter to a friend from 40 years ago.  She frequently came to mind over the years because her kindness toward me had been life changing when we were in our early 20's.  Unsure if she would remember, I wrote my words of gratitude once again as I had back in the 1970's.



Her response was swift and full of excitement, the words flying off the Hallmark card, asking for a reunion.  Plans were hastily made via texting, as if knowing the sound of each other's voice on the phone would start the reminiscing and we'd be unable to end the call until we'd touched upon each decade we'd lost.




Today we enjoyed our reunion at a restaurant, and time leaped back 40 years as if conversations had never lapsed and distance had not separated. Today a friendship was rekindled, the ashes fanned and once again blazing.

Welcome back into my life dear friend ... welcome back.




No comments:

Post a Comment