Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Cleaning


Nothing feels like a more perfect way to welcome warm weather than Spring Cleaning ! I've been trying to be a bit over-zealous in my efforts this year. Once on a roll ... it is best to keep up the momentum ... and so I have.

Last weekend, some friends welcomed my stash of sturdy wood furniture that I had been keeping for "sentimental value." But when sentimental value starts to consume space & energy (as in weekly dusting etc.) It is time to let go, which has actually proven much easier than I'd feared.

My vast collection of books is being broken down & slowly making an exit from my library onto the bookshelves of others. No need to store/collect that which can be borrowed from the public library.

The big old rocking chair that had taken up residence in my basement has been moved to the garage where it is getting a "facelift" after which it will grace my front porch and give Norland a more suitable place to nap in the sun.

Linen closet, clothes closet, garage, sewing room & kitchen ..... their loads will be lightened ... as will mine. Nothing clutters the mind & stifles the flow of energy more than STUFF .....

No comments:

Post a Comment