Friday, April 27, 2012

STUFF !

Imagine the photo rotated 90 degrees to the right .  There ya go ~


Last weekend, Parade Magazine, in the Sunday newspaper, had an article "Full House" - Is your stuff weighing you down ?

I have been carrying this issue of Parade with me all week with the intention of reading the article - which by the way has not happened yet.  Today, after lunch, I took the time to actually open the pages and flip to the article .... and the photo above is what greeted me. 

I promptly realized I fall into several of the catagories:

Chairs (in my case - dining chairs)
Dishes (aka cookware & tableware in general)
Pots & Pans
Handbags
Jeans
Knick-Knacks (only a few - but still in need of new homes)
Mugs
Office Supplies (my "biggest offense" -  from my PTA days)
Personal Care Products
Quilts ( which includes comforters, blankets and linens in general)
Shoes
Technology (outdated and lots and lots and lots of AC adapters/cords)
Wine Glasses (again - glasses in general, but definitely wine glasses)

Without reading the article - I can already see the benefit of this piece as it has catagorized the STUFF I need to purge and hence I will use this picture as my starting point.  On Monday I will report on my productivity and success with 'the purge.'  Until tomorow ... I will to add to the list.  Books, Fabric, Craft Supplies, Winter Scarves/Mittens/Hats and .....



No comments:

Post a Comment