Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Creative Coach ..and Challenges


I recently learned about individuals one can hire to assist with the development of one’s creative process. Through talking, listening, and the completion of assignments .. one’s core values, gifts, dreams, and passions are discovered - then nurtured - then incorporated into one's daily life. Coaches, whether face-to-face or thousands of miles away (coaching by phone) ... can be an invaluable life altering 'tool."

Today, I was visiting with a friend, one I admire, REALLY admire. (pictured above) In the midst of a conversation, her face lit up as she stared at me and broke into a grin. The words that followed became an "a ha!" moment. (see footnote at the end) This insightful individual observed, "Andrea, you need a challenge to become motivated. No challenge; then no ideas, and no action."

My friend's observation identified the block which has always plagued me, that which inhibits my ideas, my creative process, and most of all my motivation/action...my growth. I have always known I thrive on challenges ... but the message she did not convey verbally .. that which was delivered thru the gleam in her eye is~~ I need to create my own challenges when none exist.

The person in the picture above has initiated and nurtured my late life evolution. Today's self-discovery, those words she did not say, impacted me greatly and WILL elicit change. How do I know this ? ... Because I have been restless all evening .. filled with a need to immortalize today's revelation .. but even more so .. I have a need to immortalize my graditude. "To My Friend, (pictured above) my Creative Coach, I will forever thank you."

(FOOTNOTE: an "a ha!" moment is a life defining moment when a new level of clarity is attained. Definition by Kerri)

2 comments:

  1. The feeling is mutual my friend. You inspire me and I think of you as my muse. I have long wanted a creative soul to share ideas with and am very happy we connected! Thank you for the many chats and the selfless passing along of knowledge, ideas and great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you have many more "a ha" moments!

    ReplyDelete