Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Rainbow Day ....



The rainbow pictured above was a magnificent sight that graced the sky on Friday while I was heading home. The photo has been cropped so the only focus is the rainbow... as it was the most beautiful object in the picture.

Today - I find my focus is on all the blessings in my life... and I have cropped out all the rest. As my blessings are the most beautiful objects in "the picture."

#1 - To be needed. I have been asked to create the program for my uncle's funeral service, to be held this Tuesday. What an honor.

My "old friend" that I wrote about two weeks ago on May 17th is coming back for another visit. His life is still a whirlwind and I've been included on the journey.

#2 - Health. I am fortunately quite healthy. Yesterday I received the results of my cholesterol test in the mail. The triglycerides and HDL numbers have always been a neck & neck race with me - not always quite making the 'finish line.' The mail brought me a championship finish yesterday: Tryglycerides (optimal below 160) came in at 110 ! HDL (optimal above 45) came in at 66 !

#3 - Family. I had the opportunity to spend more time than usual with family this weekend. Mom, my brother and sisters - their spouses - nieces - cousins and my aunt. It felt good. More family time ahead this week as we gather for my uncle's funeral. There is much joy in celebrating someone's life even though they are sadly missed.

#4 - Friends. The warm weather brings more activity, yardwork, and social events. "The Saturday morning breakfast gang" all had full calendars this weekend, and breakfast seemed to linger longer than usual with the arrivals and departures of 'the gang' as they worked around meeting other obligations. But - the important thing is there was laughter and the sharing of news as each person made their appearaance, contributed to the gossip column and grabbed a quick breakfast before heading out the door. Commitment to friendship ..

I have many amazing friends .. as varied as the colors in the rainbow.

#5 - All the rest .. - Time is making it necessary to wrap up today's post as I sit here freshly showered and yet to get dressed. For all the blessings I lacked time to mention ... and of which I am very aware ... I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment