Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day My Friend Saw Inside My Soul ....








About a month ago, I went to a friend's house before we took off for a day of antique, consignment, vintage and quilt shop excursions.

Before we left her home ... she asked me to follow her downstairs, where she uncovered an old rich oak-grained printer's drawer, filled with sewing treasures.

The oak drawer alone was a handcrafted masterpiece .. but as I browsed through the 80+ compartments, I discovered a treasure trove of old threads, notions, unidentifiable brass "do-hickies" ... and even a stick of "Door Ease."

Only a person who knows the inner depths of my soul ... who understands the wonder of owning threads and notions from decades ago, 'second-hand,' the tools of a seamstress who has passed. A single hand needle tucked in a piece of paper. Silk thread on a wooden spool.

Only a true friend could appreciate the intrinsic value of such small treasures. Treasures I will treasure for all my days .... Thank you dear friend for peering into my soul and seeing "me.

No comments:

Post a Comment