Sunday, February 27, 2011

Near, and yet so far .....


I arrived in Virginia, and to my surprise (and pleasure) look at what I found waiting for me. A laptop of my very own compliments of Roger ! WHY you ask ? Well I'll tell ya.

While visiting Roger ... I sit at the dining room table with the laptop.

Roger has his computer in his bedroom, which is 25 feet directly in front of me.

Mike is in the den, with his laptop, approx six feet to the right of Roger's room.

Now imagine this: The three of us able to speak in normal conversation voice, and doing so, but also emailing, Facebooking, and sending YouTubes to each other - while only feet apart from each other. FOR SHAME ~~

Multi-tasking ~ talking AND typing conversation.
Technology is making us farther apart ... even when we are so close.

NEAR, AND YET SO FAR .....





See Roger's room directly ahead (in between the laptop & the glass of wine)


















(This is a view of the den from Roger's room)

No comments:

Post a Comment