Sunday, February 6, 2011

Solitary ~ Sanctuary ~ Sewing ~ Space


This is one of two 7 foot picture windows looking out from my sewing room .... now let's take a look INSIDE my sewing room. Well, bits of it anyway.

FABRIC

FABRIC

AND MORE FABRIC ......

This is my newest (circa 2008) sewing machine that still challenges me ... but I love it. It stays covered to keep curious cats from tangling the thread.... a game Duri thoroughly enjoys.

And here it is ... momentarily exposed. Up to 5 cones of thread and 7 needles ....

When I need inspiration for a project ... I drape out my fabric and top it with items I like .... then wait for an idea to evolve.

One of my "road kill" dressers that holds many of my notions. I have three .. amazing what folks toss to the side of the road. Their trash is my treasure ~~

I waited 20 years to buy this machine. I FINALLY bought it when celebrating my divorce. Let's hope the machine lasts longer than the marriage =0

A sewing room is not complete without a sleeping cat. Duri has claimed the cast iron daybed piled high with down featherbeds and comforters ... as his own. And I let him ... because it keeps him out of my fabric and thread.

One of five 100+ year old heavy stained glass windows from England that grace the walls (RED walls) of my room. Thanks eBay. Toted them around for years unsure of where to display them. Where I spend most of my time seemed like the perfect spot.

And last (for today anyway) is the floor to ceiling cast iron ladder that I use to hang artwork, unfinished sewing projects, finished sewing projects and whatever else needs to be hung. Love my ladder ...

FINAL NOTE: As you may have noticed ... there is no photo of "my sewing room" ... which was deliberate. For you would have been shocked and overwhelmed by piles of fabric and buttons and zippers and patterns and spools of thread and more fabric and more fabric and ....... so for now, please just use your imagination.
Thanks ... hope you enjoyed the snippets and now know why I love my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment