Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Decisions made for me ...

It is "shutdown" week at the office ... 95% of the staff is off for a week. Sort of a "forced" week of vacation ~~ so refreshing. No need to try to select a "good time" for vacation - the decision is made for me. How Perfect !

I decided to spend my week, at least five days of it, purging my home of stuff.

Do I really need the volumes of Southern Living's Annual Cookbook that I diligently collected each December in the 1990's.... the ones I have not opened at anytime during the 21st century?

What about a collection of my sons' toys that have been safely tucked away for over a decade - never having been opened once .... oh .. but the sentimental value !

The twelve bottle collection of Elizabeth Taylor perfumes my husband bought for me that I never used ... or the mahogony octagon tray he made for me after we divorced...the jewelry he bought for me. Unused - untouched.

The untouched and unused are just that .. they are "things" .. memories will linger whether I have the "things" or not. The past won't change.

Just like my vacation. The decision has been made for me. "Time To Toss" And it is refreshing. How Perfect !

NOTE: A HALF HOUR AFTER WRITING POST ... another decision is made for me ...


I began arranging my cast-offs for a "final farewell foto" ~ that is until Duri came on the scene to share his opinion.

I believe Duri made another decision for me ... the tray is a keeper !! Ummm - not so perfect !!



2 comments:

  1. I too keep lots of things that I seldom use, e.g. my motivational books, some old shirts/pants, etc that I've not touched for aaaaages. I wish that i'll get over my sentimental part and take a little courage to donate them to charity. I'm sure someone would like them. Hmmm...the challenge is "getting over" the sentimental value! :-)

    For now, my decision is .... status quo! Khakakaka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you open up one of your motivational books and get motivated about changing your mindset .... and toss toss toss. Ahhh so liberating !

    ReplyDelete