Sunday, July 5, 2009

Projects & Priorities & Decisions

It is now Friday - July 10th - 9:47PM

I started this post ... walked away ... came back ... modified ... walked away... came back. Again I must modify. I know what I am thinking and I am very clear on my thoughts - but somehow making them "clear" on a page is difficult. I need to put my priorities in order - and although that is simple for me - this time - it is more complicated.

Different people - different priorities.

A friend and I were tossing thoughts - one thought became an idea - we acted on the idea - then the idea became more than a thought - suddenly it was a venture - the venture became a project - now the project has a "timeline" - the project and timeline require action. The project - which started as a thought - that became an idea - has ended up becoming a commitment. A commitment of time - a commitment of energy - a commitment of self. The commitment can reap rewards -

So one thought has suddenly become complicated. But I realize I must set my priorities - and my priorities are to just leave it as a thought an idea. Are the rewards worth the time - the energy - the commitment?

Is it true that other people can know you better than yourself ... ? Or - "To thine own self be true" ... and trust you know yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment