Friday, July 3, 2009

Three Day Weekend .. Day One

I just sat down .. the smell of Lullaby (lavender & vanilla) bath salts is filling the house from the hot bath I just drew. I am going to sink into it shortly. I ache .. lots of furniture moving today - But the bottle of Casa Larga - Lilac Hill Wine is helping. Light fruity white wine ... summery.

Today - I feel energized. Must be the new un-named kitten in the house. I had forgotten about "kitten energy" since my last kitten "Firecracker" .. appropriately named. A friend brought me a kitty condo - kitty dish and a couple of kitty toys .. HOW NICE !

Two emails in my mailbox ..
Phil - oh how I love to see his emails. He is who he is and I love him for it. Quiet and unpretentious .... gently talks about life as it is. Great friend.

The other email - another wonderful friend - hesitant to open this email. I am the impulsive one - she is the thinker. I am running with a thought we had - she is still pondering. Did I overwhelm with my "jump in with both feet" way of doing things? She challenges me ... what a gift !

Speaking of challenges - had a great "non-functioning" desktop computer - not used in 18 months due to remodel. I've been trying to get it to work for the past six months - but it kept "choking." Today I decided it WOULD be running my the end of the day. I turned it on - then off - plugged and unplugged every cord in the back over and over - THEN after several hours .. IT WORKS .. and is running like a charm !! It is now set it up in the corner of the living room - for lack of a better place - on a functional yet unattractive metal stand I had. I will find some expensive fabric - I am thinking silk and - make a unique cover for the "computer stand."
My Project .......
COST: Nothing VALUE: Priceless


Ran to the store after being caught in the rain during a dog walk with Spike. I looked like a drowned critter. Some lady came up behind me and said "Can you read the date on this ?" It was my sister - we decided to meet up later. I went to her house around 8PM - I delivered a bag of new unopened anti-aging creams. I left her house at 9:30P with a big head of broccoli and a bag of lettuce.

End of Day One of my three day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment